Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1138 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
RogTP

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Invisible walls - Light passing through

I've followed this knowledge article on how to make parts of walls invisible. However when I render, light seems to be passing through the invisible walls. I got the impression from the article that at the two best render modes light would not pass through. I can post couple of pictures somewhere and link them if needed.

So the question is, should invisible walls be opaque to light sources when rendering?

https://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2017/05/12/h...arts_hidden_by_walls.html

Thanks in advance.
[Jan 20, 2023, 2:04:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Invisible walls - Light passing through

To make the cutout the transparent box is imported as a window, and as a window lets light pass through, it is correct that light passes through the wall with this method.
If your concern is about the sunlight coming from outside, you may set the time of the day to midnight in the photo creation tool, and light your home using only interior lights.
If you need the sunlight for the outdoor and still wish to block this light through the cutouts, you may place some objects at specific positions so that they project a shadow right above the cutouts.
[Jan 20, 2023, 4:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RogTP

Re: Invisible walls - Light passing through

I'm using the box to cutout internal walls to give a view through the house. If they are windows, then I understand why they are letting light through. I was hoping however that they would block the light from internal light sources like a normal wall. I've seen it done in 3ds Max and was hoping it was achievable here. If not, that's cool, when I get my final images I can edit them in Photoshop to achieve what I want.
[Jan 20, 2023, 5:22:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved