Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3433 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
morgular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Possibility to unlock the camera in aerial view(=first person free flight mode)

Unfortunately i did not find another thread for that:
For the 3D-plan there are 2 modes:
- Aerial view: center locked, the camera is always centered on the whole plan. I can zoom in and circle around, but thats it.
- Virtual visit: View the plan from the eyelevel of a person where you can set the height.

It would be great to have an additional mode:
- free flight: Like in a computer game, first person free flight, with WASD for forward, backward, left right from where you currently look at and SPACE for moving up and CTRL for moving down.

The reason i think this might be useful - the tool is often used for testing interior design (As on the homepage mentiones "Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application" ) which includes in trying out stuff. That means from time to time i just copy the room/flat over some times and rearrange the furniture.
There are now 2 choices on how to look at the 3D-plan:
- aerial view: the viewport is somewhere and i just have a specific angle to look at stuff that could be really somwhere when i copied the plan 4 times.
- Virtual visit: set the height to 5 meters so i get the angle from above i want. If i want another angle from above then the centered one from the aerial view, i need to do that as well.

With a proper free-flight-first-person i can set my "virtual visit" guy to the settings i want, drop them where they should be if i want to check something specific and use the free-flight to check for specific things from the overview. On the layout i'm currently working on.

(i really hope i did not miss the setting where this is possible already :D )

Thanks for you great work :)
[Jan 23, 2023, 9:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Possibility to unlock the camera in aerial view(=first person free flight mode)

I really hope i did not miss the setting where this is possible already
Please, read the help about editing 3D view. Some shortcuts may be just different from some expected ones.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 23, 2023, 9:59:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
morgular

Re: Possibility to unlock the camera in aerial view(=first person free flight mode)

Thanks for your quick answer! I read now through the help and i was aware of some of the stuff already. The new thing was "Center on marked object" - that helps me a lot, but i still think a 'proper' free-flight-first-person-mode would be nice, but i completely understand that you might not have the time to program this. Would be nice, but I think this is pretty low priority, especially considering the "Center on object" setting. :)
[Jan 23, 2023, 11:02:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

If you use the desktop version you may also try the Pan 3D view plugin.
[Jan 23, 2023, 3:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved