Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3041 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
upsetter21

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Please help with roofing...

Forgive me, I'm a bit crazy now, trying to make a roof on my project...

I have installed the RoofGenerator plug-in... to no avail - it does not launch anything.

I have placed roof objects in my furniture libray, but I have no luck manipulating the objects to assemble them... pulling my hair out and taking a break now.

[Jan 26, 2023, 9:06:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upsetter21

USA
Re: Please help with roofing...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wp1kKdCJGyX5...3si8Kwy-/view?usp=sharing
[Jan 26, 2023, 9:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upsetter21

USA

...Still trying to understand how to share images within a forum post...

The above link shows the roof I'm trying to create.
[Jan 26, 2023, 9:09:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

For the roof you have a possibly answer here .

For sharing images I use imgbox but with a lot of manual editing task which are a little complicate for me to explain.

For other kind of files (like plugins) I still use MediaFire and SourceForge .
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jan 27, 2023, 9:14:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upsetter21

USA

Dorin:

Thank you very much for your reply!
Also, thank you for your diligent work on expanding SH3D features!

The 'answer' link you provided pointed my attention to crucial step! I was never "selecting a room" before attempting to launch the GenerateRoof Plug-in.

Now, I select a "room" and the roof generator launches! Fantastic.. No I can play some more. Cheers to you!
[Jan 27, 2023, 5:05:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upsetter21

USA

I'm generating a roof now - very nice...

Now I'm looking for a way to use different textures on the faces of the roof, instead of all one texture.

I'm also noticing a possible bug:
Once I generate a roof the standard selection tool seems to stop working.
[Jan 27, 2023, 10:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I'm glad it work for you.
1. The problems with Generate Roof please post on dedicated trade.
2. It appear I waste time (~2.5 hours) to write the tutorial for you while you stop reading at point 3 from 19 + the last statement.
It's not fair for an guy around my age.
I'm not a native English and for this reason I can't afford to write "blah, blah".
It appear it is my fault; I didn't try hard enough.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jan 28, 2023, 8:22:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I ran into missing texture options with the borders. When using a wood texture the direction of the wood is the same for every border. This creates weird effects on either the bottom horizontal border or the diagonal border to the top. If those were separate textures I could have rotated the diagonal ones so the wood direction is correct. For one specific roof I exported and edited the obj file to try and split the different borders so each got it's own texture property. That didn't work but I'm still going to try to do it in Blender.

I do realize that giving every single border part it's own texture property will generate a lot more than the current set but I always say: better 10 too many than 1 missing.
Separate textures for every single part also allows to shift wood textures so the parts not all show the exact same grain. Since the borders are generated anyway it shouldn't be too difficult to give them each their own texture property like with the roof sides. It's all in the details smile
[Jan 28, 2023, 9:23:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upsetter21

USA

I'm glad it work for you.
1. The problems with Generate Roof please post on dedicated trade.
2. It appear I waste time (~2.5 hours) to write the tutorial for you while you stop reading at point 3 from 19 + the last statement.
It's not fair for an guy around my age.
I'm not a native English and for this reason I can't afford to write "blah, blah".
It appear it is my fault; I didn't try hard enough.

I understand what you are saying. I'm sorry to make you feel your time is wasted, and, really I would disagree. I at least value the time you spend.

I'm not so young either. It makes my learning much slower than it once was. I do read the whole tutorial, but I still miss steps on many things when I go to do myself.

Thank you again for your kind regards.
[Jan 28, 2023, 9:37:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved