Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1325 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
AlbertVonMoosseedorf

Schweiz
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
grouping reverses the visibility in the planning window to bottom up (ungrouped is top down)

Normally I see in the planning view the topmost parts on top (visibility is top down), but as soon I put them in a group i see the bottom parts on top (visibility is bottom up).

Is this intended or a bug and how can I avoid this behaviour ?
[Feb 16, 2023, 2:54:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: grouping reverses the visibility in the planning window to bottom up (ungrouped is top down)

If I'm not mistaking the visibility in a group is determined by the order in which the parts are selected to add to the group. You can test this by selecting the hidden part in the group, cut it, and past again into the group (right click on the group in the list, paste to group). The pasted part is now the last added and should display on top.
You see this behavior often when a group of objects is selected by dragging a square around the group.
[Feb 16, 2023, 5:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: grouping reverses the visibility in the planning window to bottom up (ungrouped is top down)

The primary criterion for drawing order in the plan is the elevation of an object or a group of objects (the elevation of a group being the smallest elevation of the objects it contains), then the second criterion is the order in which they appear in the furniture list when the list is not ordered.
Following this rule (that I just tested again), grouping some objects may alter the way they appear in the plan when other objects not in the group are at the same coordinates.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 16, 2023, 6:09:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlbertVonMoosseedorf

Schweiz

Maybe yes, but I do not add items one by one. I mark a bunch in the plan and create a group for it.
[Feb 16, 2023, 10:14:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlbertVonMoosseedorf

Schweiz

The primary criterion for drawing order in the plan is the elevation of an object or a group of objects (the elevation of a group being the smallest elevation of the objects it contains), then the second criterion is the order in which they appear in the furniture list when the list is not ordered.
Following this rule (that I just tested again), grouping some objects may alter the way they appear in the plan when other objects not in the group are at the same coordinates.

I tried different sortings before I create the hroup, but nothing changes and I dont know how to make the list "not ordered".
[Feb 16, 2023, 10:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Without images showing your problem or a way to reproduce your issue step by step, it won't be possible to help you fear further.
[Feb 17, 2023, 3:52:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlbertVonMoosseedorf

Schweiz

Without images showing your problem or a way to reproduce your issue step by step, it won't be possible to help you fear further.

Ok, I made a short video to show how grouping works on my system and you can have the model if you want to reproduce this on your system.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApXfX7ALuGy5nWiASc6ngbR9uZL8?e=EE2cQj
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXfX7ALuGy5nWpIWtg_TJdQL0Sx?e=GvTKQy

I hope you can reproduce this on your system
[Feb 19, 2023, 3:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
akpipz

Hi! I think that I have the same problem. Grouped furnitures, initially in two differents levels, becomes the part of inferior level. The elevation parameter of moved furnitures is then automaticaly recalculated by sh3d (V7.1, idem V7.0).
[Mar 10, 2023, 11:15:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

A group and its items must belong to the same level, the reason why you observed this behavior.
[Mar 14, 2023, 9:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved