Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3009 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
botmp

Indonesia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ask: how to import sketchup to sweethome

currently I use sketchup for modeling, can my sketchup model be used on sweethome?

thanks, btw I wrote a little of my knowledge on sketchuppoint.com
[Feb 27, 2023, 2:32:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France
Re: Ask: how to import sketchup to sweethome

Please note that your link is to skettchuppoint.com and not sketchuppoint.com.

To answer your question, it is possible to retrieve an object created in Sketchup.
To do this, go to the Sketchup menu and do :
File / Export / 3D Model
Then select the file type Collada (*.dae)
Save it.

Then under SweetHome3D you import the Collada object as for any other object (Furniture / Import furniture)
[Feb 27, 2023, 4:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
botmp

Indonesia

I'm sorry, I mistakenly wrote the address to sketchuppoint.com and I fixed it.

thank you for your answers,
one more question, is there currently a rendering program for sweethome?
[Mar 5, 2023, 5:48:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

I'm not an expert but I don't think that a SH3D project can be interpreted by an external program like VRay, but the SunFlow or Yafaray rendering engines integrated in the software already give excellent results. (And you can add some plugins for better lighting rendering effects)
[Mar 7, 2023, 11:35:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
botmp

Indonesia

Hi vinci, thanks for the answer, btw I'm using an old laptop with 8GB RAM, is that enough?

I'm currently building a simple blog to help people learn 3d for free. you can see it here and don't forget to give me suggestions to make it better and more useful

[Note from moderator: botmp, this forum isn't an advertizing place where you can place as much links as you want]
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 11, 2023, 6:11:29 PM]
[May 11, 2023, 5:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved