Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1614 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
delew

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to Make Custom Furniture Libraries Accessible to All Users

I plan on using Sweet Home 3D in a school computer lab that is used by many students. For each class, the students typically have assigned seats and have already logged into the Windows 10 systems.

I wish to create a custom furniture library for class projects and want it to be accessible to all users of a computer.

If a student has not yet logged into a system, I can copy the customized "eTeks" folder and its contents to "Default" user's "AppData\Roaming" folder on the C: drive. When the student logs in for the first time, this information will be copied to the student's AppData\Roaming folder and all is well.

However, if a student's account is already set up, it seems that I have to copy the folder manually to that student's AppData\Roaming folder.

This will be tedious since there are lots of students and I don't wish to delete their profiles. Is writing a file copying script the best way or am I overlooking another method?

Thank you for your time.
[Mar 6, 2023, 2:01:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to Make Custom Furniture Libraries Accessible to All Users

If you actually search a solution to share Furniture libraries stored on a server, please read my answers to this request and comments about com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationFolders and com.eteks.sweethome3d.preferencesFolder System properties in SweetHome3D javadoc.
There are also some other explanations here and there (use Google translate if necessary).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 6, 2023, 11:15:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
delew

United States
Re: How to Make Custom Furniture Libraries Accessible to All Users

Thank you for the reply and the links.

I actually did try to search for a solution, but I guess I did not use the proper keywords. I apologize for annoying you.
[Mar 6, 2023, 2:04:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved