Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1594 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
codevark

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
odd wall height issue in 7.1 portable?

I created a rectangular first level with 9'6" walls. Most of the perimeter of this level is intended to be earth-sheltered.

I created a rectangular second level with 2' 4-1/2" walls. In 3D view, they look taller than the 9'6" walls.

Note the slanted walls in the front of the first level. That upper height is 11' 10-1/2", which is 9'6" + 2' 4-1/2". That is how tall the second level walls *should* look.

Um, why can't I just insert an image here? I don't have a webserver handy to upload the image and link to. Oh well. You get the idea.
[Apr 7, 2023, 4:50:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: odd wall height issue in 7.1 portable?

At upper levels, the height of a wall is actually the height you entered + the floor thickness of the level in which it was drawn. Could this floor thickness explain your issue?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 9, 2023, 9:06:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
codevark

USA

Nope. It was something even more silly than that. When I set the floor height for new floors in prefs, it somehow thought I meant 10'6". I've noticed sometimes when you type in a number it second-guesses you and changes the input to something odd.
[Apr 11, 2023, 9:49:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I've noticed sometimes when you type in a number it second-guesses you and changes the input to something odd.
Please, give some examples so I can try to fix that (or at least explain it).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 11, 2023, 11:38:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I think I have seen this happening a while ago when you enter a number that doesn't 'fit' with the current zoom level. Just a guess, I can't reproduce it.
[Apr 13, 2023, 1:57:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved