Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1658 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
buzzz

FR
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SW Java and SWJS

Hi all,

I read this post: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11680_offset,10

From what I read, it is possible to build an online version from SWJava ? I'm a bit lost. (sorry I'm a c# dev). I see that there is a transpiler used to convert the java to JS. That's all ? Magical ?

I do not understand if SWJava and SWJS are now (version 7) two distinct projects or if SWJS is a transpilation from the main Java project.

In such a case, I'm very impressed. I'm a programmer from the 90' (C/C++/Java and ASM). I never really had the opportunity to get into web languages and now it's the standard. Your pipeline is a very attractive option (for me) to get into web projects.

sys
[Apr 8, 2023, 6:37:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SW Java and SWJS

As explained here, a large part of Sweet Home 3D Java is transpiled to JavaScript, but some classes too complicated to transpile as well as all the code which handles the user interface were rewritten in JavaScript (see src folder in SweetHome3DJS project).
Therefore, as the transpiled part of Sweet Home 3D JS is generated from Sweet Home 3D Java code, SweetHome3DJS project depends on SweetHome3D project, and keeping this dependency helps to benefit of bugs fixes programmed in SweetHome3D project by just transpiling again the classes needed in SweetHome3DJS project.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 9, 2023, 10:09:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buzzz

FR
Re: SW Java and SWJS

Thank you

I will read this web page with great interest !!!
[Apr 9, 2023, 11:58:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved