Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2579 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Shmenosan

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Apartment improvement Help

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of buying this apartment.

What can i do to improve it's layout? All the walls are made of plasterboard except the one of the bedroom with 2 wardrobes in it.

Currently this is the layout of the apartment.

Can i somehow make it into a 3 bedrooms apartment?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g8k8djpky2hsigc/PlanApartament.sh3d/file

I was thinking of turning the kitchen into a small bedroom and moving the kitchen into the living room.

Any suggestions? Help please :)

Kind regards,
Ionut
[Apr 21, 2023, 11:25:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: Apartment improvement Help

1. Good luck! BUT
2. Your start is wrong:
- The background blueprint was made from the original and another program.
The accuracy is far to be acceptable.
- Your drawing is also not acceptable:
--the walls thickness, rooms, doors and windows size and opening and many other.
3. Avoid GIGO phenomenon: Garbage In, Garbage Out (Sound exactly the same in Romanian)
4. You have to consider and don't touch the structure walls.
5. You need also the actual dimensions as accuracy you can and then you could think to future modifications.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 21, 2023, 4:40:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Fastest and cheapest way would be to join the two rooms next to the master bedroom.
Moving the kitchen into the living room involves re-installing all conduits and drains for water and electricity. That can be difficult and costly.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 21, 2023, 5:02:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

@hansmex Unfortunately the one of those two "rooms" is the hallway of the flats main entrance if I'm reading the underlying background image right. It would also have no natural light.

@Shmenosan Hansmex is right, but I'll add that depending on how the block of apartments are contructed, there are dedicated channels vertically through the whole building for water and waste handling beyond that northern wall that also services flats above/below yours too. It would be impossible to move the kitchen to the living room, as you couldn't have your kitchen waste pipes descending into the downstairs neighbours living room.

As Dorin said, you created this plan from some funky looking underlying drawings so it is hard to know how accurate your plan is. Any ideas would depend on the ability to squeeze things in, so accuracy is paramount.

You might be able to rob space from the living room, the master bedroom, and the central hallway, and come up with two small bedrooms where the 2nd bedroom currently is. Your problem there is getting natural light into all of the bedrooms. You might be able to split the 2nd bedroom window in two, but I'm guessing moving or adding new windows is very unlikely. It also means the second and third bedrooms will be small and not have great light levels.

My question is why do you need 3 bedrooms? Is BR3 to act as a small office? Is it so two children have their own rooms? Or are there more than 2 children? shock Are you trying to have an occasional guest room? There are inventive things you can do here, but more info is needed about number of adults/children and usage.

For example if you wanted a room each for two kids you could use a bunk bed like arrangement, but built in to the dividing wall so one bed is in each room. This would save a heap of floorspace. Here's an image that gives you an idea of what I mean: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/779826491704278186/
[Apr 21, 2023, 8:23:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

@Shmenosan Looking at the areas in your BG image, your imported BG (and therefore the floorplan is about 10% undersized, but you are using full sized furniture. This means there may be a bit more space to play with than your plan would indicate.

Also, another idea for getting a third bedroom is to put BR2 and BR3 where the living room area is, each getting one of the windows. Then put the living room where BR2 used to be. This does reduce the living room to one window, and it may be a less pleasing view out of that window.
[Apr 22, 2023, 12:18:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Aaaaand... because I was bored and felt like a play around...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TbeC-r7Awxe...TveQ0ljt/view?usp=sharing

Just use Shift-Ctrl-H to hide/unhide the levels. Each one is a self contained option, so be sure to hide the others, or it'll get messy. Maybe they give some inspiration.
[Apr 22, 2023, 9:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shmenosan

Romania

Thank guys for all the advices.

Yeah i have 2 kids, they are 5 and 4, boy and girl. And i was thinking instead of having one of the kids sleep into the living room to have the apartment split into a 3 bedroom apartment.

Not now but in 5 years from now.

The background image is the actual blueprint of the apartment. Where you see 227 sq ft there's actually 22 real square meters.

Thanks SJB that plan actually looks competent.

The bunkbed arrangement actually looks like a good idea. I'll take it into consideration
[Apr 24, 2023, 9:11:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shmenosan

Romania

I took a 2nd and a 3rd look at your plan. indeed the lightning would be awful. Bunkbed arrangement would give the kids privacy and i could have them sleep in the big bedroom so they have more space.

Or i could just go the simpler route, install a murphy bed into the living room and that's that.

Thanks guys for all the advices and for your time
[Apr 24, 2023, 9:14:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

A murphy bed will get really tedious, really fast. It also means their bedtime is your bedtime.

A boy and girl sharing is tricky, and your time-scale of 5 years is maybe pushing it. (Not a parent, so I can only think back to childhood, and I would have hated sharing with my sister.)

Is there something special about this particular apartment? If not, the simplest (ha!) thing to do is to plan to move to a purpose built 3-bed apartment in a few years if at all possible. Unfortunately there are far fewer 3-bed apartments usually.

Good luck whatever you decide.
[Apr 24, 2023, 1:55:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shmenosan

Romania

It's right next to a natural reservation. Apart from that nothing special.

I wanted to move to a 3 bedroom apartment but, thing is 3 bedroom apartments are outside the city zone. Or if they are in the city they are in 50 year old buildings and they have gone through 3 major earthquakes already. And if you want to buy into a new building from the city zone then you're pushing it to a 300K Euro apartment. Prices are really going up, up and away this year.
[Apr 26, 2023, 12:38:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved