Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3483 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Second (sometimes even first) instance of SH is not starting

Hi!

Last time second instance of SH3D 7.1 could not start on my Win 8.1 8gb
Sometime even the first one. I suppose it's some memory issue, because if when no instance is starting, closing all programs sometimes helpfull

Please, tell me where to dig.

Yours, Daniel
[Apr 26, 2023, 7:54:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia
Re: Second (sometimes even first) instance of SH is not starting

There is 40Gb free on the SSD.
Also when SH is not starting for the fist time sometimes helps to stop Zulu Platform x64 Architect from Taskmanager, and start SH again
[Apr 26, 2023, 8:38:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Would you have a too high value for the max memory in SweetHome3D.l4j.ini fille, if you tried it?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 3, 2023, 10:09:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Would you have a too high value for the max memory in SweetHome3D.l4j.ini fille, if you tried it?

Hi Emmanuel!
There was no sweetHome3D.l4j.ini in C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D folder, I tried to add it, put there -Xmx1024m string, behavior is not changing.

Yours, Daniel
[May 10, 2023, 10:08:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

You may try to grab the console output to let us understand. Follow these instructions:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,9906
Or these ones:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,5072_offset,30#53691
[May 12, 2023, 5:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cherrysweetooth

usa

Hey there! I understand the frustration you've been experiencing with SH3D 7.1 not starting properly on your Windows 8.1 system with 8GB of RAM. Memory-related issues can indeed cause such problems, but there are a few areas you can explore to dig deeper and potentially find a solution.

Firstly, it's always a good idea to ensure that you have the latest version of SH3D installed. Developers often release updates that address compatibility and performance issues, so verifying that you're running the most recent version might help resolve the problem.

Next, let's take a look at your system's memory usage. Windows 8.1 has a Task Manager that can provide insights into how memory resources are being utilized. Open the Task Manager and monitor the memory usage when launching SH3D. If you notice high memory consumption or spikes, it could indicate a potential memory issue.

Additionally, you can try running SH3D with administrative privileges. Right-click on the program's icon or executable file, select "Run as administrator," and see if it makes any difference.

If the problem persists, I recommend reaching out to the developers or support team of SH3D. They will likely have more specific insights and troubleshooting steps tailored to the software. They might also be aware of any known compatibility issues with Windows 8.1 and provide guidance accordingly.

I hope these suggestions help you dig deeper into the issue and find a solution. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any further assistance or have additional questions. Best of luck, and I hope you'll soon be able to enjoy using SH3D hassle-free!
[May 20, 2023, 9:33:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Hi! Thank you for your answer, but I still cannot get log.file

If I make commandline like below SH doesn't start at all:
"C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\SweetHome3D.exe" 2>MyLogFile.log
"C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\SweetHome3D.exe" > MyLogFile.log 2>&1

Also after http://daniels118.altervista.org/static/_autologger-1.0.sh3p plugin installation there is no any log file in the "C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\" folder

All the folder permits are allowed; starting with administrator rights doesn't change the behavior: only one instance is working, and no way to copy one my sweet home from one desing to another.

Please, help me to enable logging
[Oct 22, 2023, 1:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Gildaniel, the log file is written to your personal folder, not the installation one. I.e. C:\users\your_username\sweethome3d "C:\Users\your_username\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D"
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Daniels118 at Oct 22, 2023, 5:40:49 PM]
[Oct 22, 2023, 2:01:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

There is also no folder or file like this in my user folder. I also checked all todays files in Users - no way.
[Oct 22, 2023, 2:35:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

My mistake, i forgot one folder along the path, it should be "C:\Users\your_username\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D".
[Oct 22, 2023, 5:40:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved