Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 30
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15831 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Shipping Container home

So here are today's changes.

Bedroom 1 and its floor plan. I took your suggestion, bdfd, but kept the ceiling and roof the way it had been. In moving the closet, there was enough room to add a second curio cabinet, and the floor seemed a bit bare so I added a rug. In adding the rug, I thought that the bedding was rather plain so I changed that too.

With the changes to Bedroom 1, I felt that Bedroom 2 should have a similar floor plan, of course without the vaulted ceiling like Bedroom 1. I kept everything else in there basically the same, and added the sliding door which is just out of shot to the left. The dresser is under the camera in the Virtual Visitor picture. biggrin

And last but not least, an aerial of the back with the new sliding doors included.
----------------------------------------

[May 29, 2023, 12:29:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I almost forgot! I'd rearranged the Sewing Room, and hadn't gotten it rendered again... until now.

And here is an updated screenshot of the floor plan, so far.

Maybe I'll get to the outside eventually. laughing

[May 29, 2023, 2:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Sometimes I wonder where my head is. After posting that last one, I thought about it and I realized that the Sewing Room was on the narrow side. So, I moved the wall out between it and the Great Room two feet. Two feet isn't much from the Great Room, but it's a great deal in the Sewing Room. I also moved the door from one side to the other.

Sewing Room

Great Room

Outside Aerial

Short reply, but a good one.

[May 29, 2023, 6:04:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
applause Re: Shipping Container home

Good !

love struck
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 29, 2023, 6:53:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, bdfd.

I have a confession. After posting that last one, I realized that I had not centered up the fireplace surround in the Great Room (as is evidenced by the roof beams in my previous picture), and the metal artwork that's on the fireplace... I'd placed in the wrong spot and it wasn't visible in that last picture. I once again apologize for having to repost for something so small.

I meant to post this a few hours ago, but as I was waiting for the picture to render I ended up watching some Youtube videos and got distracted. Now, I'm way tired and was about to shut down my computer and saw the picture waiting to be saved to my computer. Oops.

I guess it's a good thing that tomorrow is a holiday, so my going to bed so late shouldn't affect anything happening then.

So, here's the updated picture, and I am so going to get to bed now.

Good night all.

[May 29, 2023, 10:59:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Another update post on this house.

I was looking at some of the furniture on the Home Depot website, hopefully as a replacement for the the sideboard that's in the Great Room, and found something that would work out for the Coffee Bar. I then tried to find a model on the 3D Warehouse website that could be used for it, but couldn't find anything close. But, during that look, I found a model that matched the sideboard that I'd wanted to replace, as well as the hidden cat litter box cabinet! laughing

So, here's the update on the back part of the Great Room, and here's the update on the Coffee Bar area.

[May 30, 2023, 3:38:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Small update.

I did a couple of small changes to Bedroom 1.

I changed those really-high-up windows from 5 windows to 3, covering the same amount of space. I also added a second ceiling light over the sliding door, and dimmed them. I also moved the nightstand and lamp over a little bit because they felt like they were crowding the bed.

Oh, and I added four Japanese-style hanging scrolls on the wall over the bed, one for each season; Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter.

I don't know if there's any more changes in the future. If anybody is interested, here is the list of things going into the house, from Home Depot, so you can have a better understanding of some of what's going into the house. Some of the furnishings aren't on the list because they are either things my friend will be bringing in with her, or are custom built things like the kitchen cabinets and some of the picture windows.

[Jun 1, 2023, 9:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I did it. I created another version of the shipping container home. This time I went with using only the 40-foot ones, nine of them I think. In doing so, there are a few differences in the rooms, and I didn't have to do anything weird with the roofline.

Here is the folder containing the pictures and file for this version. I even added a swimming pool with a jacuzzi like my friend was wanting, as well as placing the outdoor furniture. They aren't where I think that they should go but it's there so that she knows that I'm thinking of her wants.

Most of the rooms are similar to what they had been in the other versions, but some rooms have minor changes, especially Bedrooms 1 and 2 which I switched. I was even able to make it so that all of the en suite bathrooms are on an outside wall and have a window.

[Jul 8, 2023, 9:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Nice!!
[Jul 8, 2023, 10:47:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Good project !

wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 10, 2023, 7:03:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved