Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1948 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
franz2b

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
HELP // 2D plan hidden and stuck in bottom right

Hello,

Spent like hours for fixing this.
How to center my 2D plan ?

Video of the matter here

Thank you very much
[May 28, 2023, 2:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kawal

India
Re: HELP // 2D plan hidden and stuck in bottom right

is it possible for you to share the .sh3d project file?
[Jun 1, 2023, 8:16:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

- install plugin AdvancedEdit
- select all on all levels
- use Move-function to re-position yout design

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 1, 2023, 8:31:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

This happens because Sweethome3D starts with a limited view of the 2D plan and no scrollbars. Sometimes a part of the project is not shown at all when it's some distance form the part you see. I use a trick to get a full view and scollbars:

First install the Pan3dView plugin.

Open your project and pick a random object and make it large enough to comfortably click and drag. Zoom out and drag the object left, right, up, and down. You will see the window scroll and scrollbars appear. Move as far in any direction you want and when done delete the object you used.
Now place your mouse pointer at the center you want to zoom to and use Ctrl+MouseScroll to zoom in. You can also use Shift+MouseScroll to pan left and right.
[Jun 1, 2023, 8:48:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

What Hans mentioned is also a possibility: your project isn't centered at the 0,0 coordinates. His solution works too (partially) if you can place your project at the 0,0 position.

My solution works when you are way of the 0,0 position which I often have to do: I work with very large projects that span kilometers. To keep it manageable I develop parts in separate projects at the position they have in the merged project and that can be a long way off from 0,0. My trick to enlarge the 2D field then works like a charm.
[Jun 1, 2023, 8:53:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved