Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2616 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
DerekvG

Belgium
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
accurate measurements

I'm starting an apartment refurb from bare walls. so i've taken accurate measurements. now I try to correct the ground plan of the apartment.
I'm stiffled by putting in the measurements, in the more difficult areas I create a measurement first then fit the wall to the measurement, but when I do create the measurements i'm anything between 2 and 6mm off I cannot create a measurement of 580mm itś either 579 or 584.
I'm working on a zoom factor that gives me 2.5m x 1.7m on a 1928x1080pix 23'screen
[May 29, 2023, 9:30:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: accurate measurements

Zoom in the plan to get more accurate dimensions or enter its length while drawing a new dimension after pressing Enter key. See help about dimensions for more details.
This video might also interest you.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 29, 2023, 10:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DerekvG

Belgium

Thx the video helped a lot i now have rooms to the correct dimension and with the automatic dimension feture i have correct measurements also for most furniture like doors/ windows
the video also answers to a large extend my other questions about joining walls

However Iḿ in dire need of a method to create accurate measurements that cannot be automatically generated like in the video, using the mouse it the pointer jumps 3-7 mm (at maximum zoom while still workable) and I cannot use the enter key to edit the measurement from the keyboard

cannot insert image - sorry
[May 30, 2023, 12:41:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

For walls you can also adjust the X and Y coordinates of the start- and endpoints and the 'Distance between endpoints'. If you use the 'Distance between endpoints' to change the length of a wall be aware that it extends in the direction of the wall (see the arrows on the wall in the 2D window). If needed you can reverse the wall direction from the wall context menu (right click on the selected wall).
For objects you can use the width/depth/height properties to adjust it size and of course the X/Y coordinates to change it's position.

Make sure you install the AdvancedEditing plugin. It's a must-have for Sweethome3D. With it you can select any object and rotate/move them. This means you can select a room with walls and furniture, polylines and dimension lines, and move them all in one go. You can even move a complete house by selecting "Select all on all levels" from the Edit menu and then move the whole lot with the move function from the plugin.

The smallest unit is 1mm although you can use more decimals after the first. They don't show in the UI but they work. They also are lost when you manually move again.
[May 30, 2023, 2:31:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DerekvG

Belgium

Thanks I have the advanced editing tool installed
my question is about a measurement that cannot be derived from the dimension of an object eg the measurement between 2 opposing walls across 2 rooms, where the is no single wall .
If I read you correctly to create a particular measurement between two objects on the plan I would need to create an object either furniture or a room of that particular size, the create the dimension measurement from that and copy that into the design at the correct location ?
[Jun 9, 2023, 4:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

eg the measurement between 2 opposing walls across 2 rooms, where the is no single wall
I'm not sure but I think the AutoDimensioning plugin can do what you want.
Read about it here , and download the plugin from sourceforge here .
[Jun 9, 2023, 8:19:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved