Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1347 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
bashnprint

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Textures not importing

Yeah its definitely strange. I have all the files that came with the download all together, and they show up correctly on the model itself, but for some reason when trying to render a high quality image they show up completely black.

I've even loaded other similar models, followed the direction of making sure the mtl is going to the correct texture file and loaded into SH3D and they do just fine. There's something about this specific model that I can't get right.
[Jun 16, 2023, 8:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Are you sure you have the correct texture for the part that turns black? High quality is rendered differently (of course) and handles the texture differently (with reflection, light, etc).
Try to set a different texture from Sweethome3D and see if the high quality render does better. If the result is the same the problem is in the model, if it is good the problem is the texture. Maybe you just selected the wrong image from the original texture set. Also check if changing the light setting makes a difference (switching off ceiling light). And you can try to switching between the sunflow and jafaray renderers.
[Jun 16, 2023, 9:26:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bashnprint

Canada

I managed to figure it out! I went into the Materials menu and noticed there was a material listed as an "outline", so I selected that to be invisible, re-rendered the photo and now it appears to be working correctly.

Thank you all for the suggestions!
[Jun 16, 2023, 10:34:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NIMAN

United Kingdom

A similar(ish) issue, for the record.

Having exported a new window design assembly (with integrated cill, the frame & cill being of different colours) - on furniture import the model was monocolour.

On turning Pan3d view settings item "Outline" from "both" to "none" then re-exporting/import both colours were re-established.
[Mar 7, 2024, 3:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved