Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 567 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
koffer1

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
allow negative z-value in all levels

hi, guys, I love your software, except for one point:
I would like to place an item below(!) the current level, like -20cm

Why?
because of the 3d-rotating origin. And for grouping of items over more than one level.
Perhaps there is another solution, but I did not find any.

I guess this is a minor change (simply allow negative values as placement "above ground"), because 3d calculation is not really affected by this.

thank you very much!
[Jun 29, 2023, 5:28:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: allow negative z-value in all levels

That is not going to happen because it would create other problems in the software. This is where you use the levels.

If you need an object at -20 you add a level at -20 and place the object there. (You can create levels with a negative elevation: below ground.)

Grouping over multiple levels can be done but is not advisable unless for pure organization of you furniture. The reason is simple: If you copy/past the group everything is pasted on the same level where you paste. In other words: the different levels are lost.
[Jun 29, 2023, 6:03:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved