Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 157
Posts: 157   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28055 times and has 156 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Great experiment as usual.

You might find this pdf I created usefull. It explains the values used in a MTL file. It's got references at the end if you want to dive deeper into it.
[Feb 10, 2024, 12:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
confused Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Thanks Keet! A very useful article, I learned a lot of new things. But I still didn't get any closer to the goal.. The maximum result was obtained only due to the maximum gloss in the glass settings inside the model. The mirror amalgam on the glass does not work.

I decided to take a different approach. I took a mirror from the SH 3D library and transferred the parameters of this mirror to the vase glass in the MTL file. The parameters for the mirror are as follows: Illum 2 (recommended for mirrored surfaces), Ks 0.5-0.5-0.5 , Ns 96. I set these parameters for the vase glass and removed the transparency from the glass. And still it's not a mirror at all!!! It turns out ceramics with highlights. And there is a real mirror next to it. What should I do now? Is it really possible to make a mirror only on straight surfaces? Is the ball destined to be just brilliant? Discrimination of balls!)). Help!!!

[Feb 11, 2024, 8:28:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Did you add the sweethome3d_window_mirror_ prefix to the group?
[Feb 11, 2024, 9:40:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
confused Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I do not know where to insert this prefix correctly. I copied all the parameters from the MTL for the mirror completely. It did not bring any result. I inserted it like this, and I also inserted it in different places)) No use.

[Feb 11, 2024, 11:34:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

here is the MTL file in full, for the mirror. What should I do with another file of another model to get a mirror on its curved surface? It doesn't seem difficult, there should be a simple algorithm. But nothing works out. If anyone can just make a mirror ball, I'll take off my hat. I've been wearing a hat for the second day..(

[Feb 11, 2024, 12:31:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Nope, you add in the OBJ file after the g. Just like adding the deformation strings but now the mirror prefix:
g sweethome3d_window_mirror_myvase_1
v ...

[Feb 11, 2024, 1:21:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
biggrin Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Hurray! it turned out to make a mirror vase)) Thanks a lot to Keet, great advice and huge new opportunities.

[Feb 11, 2024, 6:22:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

I started using the mirror prefix in the OBJ file for chrome surfaces (as advised by dear Keet, at the beginning of the desired chrome group, write g sweethome3d_window_mirror_...). It turns out perfectly. You can adjust the color in the model settings, for example nickel, or gold, or copper. But so far only the polished version. I have assigned a light gray color for the faucet, door handle and hygienic shower according to the necessary groups. It turns out to be pure glossy chrome. If the color is dark gray, it turns out to be nickel. I don't have a model of the bottom valve, so I just took a photo of the temple from an angle and pulled it over the top of the cylinder. Also great. The photo with highlights should be rotated depending on the position of the viewer, it turns out like a real model with reflections. And I also found that if the mirror sphere is flattened, then there are no normal reflections on the render, the entire surface is covered with black pixels. I thought it was from a small size, I increased it 10 times. But everything remained as before, with a defect. So it is difficult to widely use mirror spheres, it is better to replace them with something else.

this is what a mirror sphere looks like in place of the bottom valve in the sink

and here is the photo on the top of the cylinder. Not to be distinguished from a real traffic jam))

Jack looked in for a visit). I realized that the white outline appears depending on the size of the original photo. If it is initially small and then stretches to human height, then the contour will be thick, if the photo is for a small box size, then the contour will be completely invisible. We need to come up with something simple..
Towels are a photo on a transparent background, not a model. It is very convenient to select them - there are millions of different colors on the Internet.

[Feb 15, 2024, 7:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

it is very important that such realistic chrome is obtained at the third level of quality, not at the fourth maximum. The third level has more advantages - for example, there are clear reflections in glossy surfaces and together with chrome, you can show glossy tiles or lacquered furniture, they will look more realistic. At the fourth level, chrome is preserved and unnecessary noise is removed, but it is impossible to show reflections in shiny surfaces, and parasitic reflections of all lamps appear, which is not necessary at all. So this way of prefixing and the third level is the right one for a realistic picture.
[Feb 15, 2024, 8:03:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I never thought about using the mirror effect for chrome. But I will start using it now!
Thank you for that great idea.
[Feb 15, 2024, 8:24:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 157   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved