Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 833 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
kbinsted

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Newbie problem: black triangular artifacts, furniture doesn't appear

Hi,

I'm sure this is just a newbie problem, but I did a search and couldn't find an answer - probably not using the right terms.

I've laid out a pretty simple floorplan, and defined the rooms. However, in the 3D view, there are black triangles coming from one corner of the floorplan (probably not coincidentally, at 0,0 where I started). The walls are all rectangular and the same height. Also, when I try to add furniture, it shows up in the 2D plan, but not 3D. Any pointers welcome!

KB

[Sep 8, 2023, 5:42:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Newbie problem: black triangular artifacts, furniture doesn't appear

With such sort of question always supply:
-Your Operating System (+version)
-Sweet Home 3D version + (32 or 64bit version)
-Graphics card
-Which installer/download you used

If you installed a 32bit version replace it with a 64bit version.
Install the latest version of Sweet Home 3D.
If you have and AMD graphics processor it's possibly a driver problem. Update to the latest driver.
If you are on a Linux system try to start with the SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script instead of the default SweetHome3D script. You can find them in the directory where Sweet Home 3D is installed.
[Sep 9, 2023, 8:48:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kbinsted

United States
Re: Newbie problem: black triangular artifacts, furniture doesn't appear

Thanks, Keet! Updating the AMD graphics driver did indeed fix it. I should have tried that before posting.
[Sep 9, 2023, 12:43:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved