Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1427 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
popifresco

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Open GL error trying to launch

Well, I think this is a classic error for what I've reading here. There are 1000 possible fixes and I tried them all and the error persist.

When I launch the application it opens normally and before I can do anything there is a popup saying "there is a problem related to DirectX/OpenGL, update your drivers blabla..." (can't reproduce the exact message in english because it's written in spanish, the language I use. I reinstalled the software in english and the popup is still in spanish)

I know there are a lot of threads about this with different solutions, but as I say I tried them all. I spent many many hours trying to fix this with no luck.

The program worked well with my old PC with an AMD RX480 in Windows 10 but now I have an Intel i5 12600k with a Nvidia RTX3060 (Win 10 also) and I can't run it...

Of course all my drivers are up to date.

I'm really desperate, could you please, anyone, give me any possible solution?

Thanks!!!!!
[Sep 8, 2023, 8:57:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Open GL error trying to launch

Check if you run the 32 bit version of the program by looking at the About dialog box.
If it’s the case, run the installer again and select 64 bit architecture when prompted.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 9, 2023, 8:02:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
azuya

España

Hi, i´ve tried all posible fixes too and have no changes. the error still appears. Changing to 64 bits doesn´t resolve anything ( at least in my case)
[Sep 15, 2023, 5:46:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try the Beta version of Sweet Home 3D 7.2. It comes with an update of JOGL, the 3D layer which uses OpenGL.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 15, 2023, 7:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
azuya

España

i´ve just try that beta version and have the same issue. "3d fatal error.. please update directx/opengl drivers "(i´ve try with the lastest nvidia driver available)
i´ve win11 system, rtx4080 and intel i5 13500 cpu... all updated.i´ve tried both 32 and 64 bits installation...
in other pc, a laptop with Radeon card, worked fine and i love that program. any other clue?
thans in advance
[Sep 16, 2023, 9:17:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
azuya

España

hi.. i´v just tried that fix that appear in faqs and.. works!!!
thankyou very much!!!
"If running Sweet Home 3D in 32 bit still doesn't work, download the file SweetHome3D.l4j.ini, copy it in Sweet Home 3D installation folder (by default, C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D or C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D) and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. The file SweetHome3D.l4j.ini tells Sweet Home 3D to use the DirectX version of the Java 3D library rather than the OpenGL version, but this option is available only in 32 bit (if you installed a JRE 32 bit, you may also click on this link to run Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start and the DirectX version of the Java 3D library)."

"
[Sep 16, 2023, 9:22:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved