Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 426 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Vilgard

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Add a polycount column in the home furniture list

Hi, I am submitting the idea of ​​being able to add a polycount column in the home furniture list.

I don't know if it's feasible or not, but it would be very useful to know the "weight" of the home furnitures wink
[Nov 10, 2023, 9:37:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Add a polycount column in the home furniture list

THere's a column Model Size that gives the size of the model in Kb.
Comes close to what you want...

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 10, 2023, 9:50:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vilgard

France

yes it's close I admit. But a model with a large texture will give a large size in kb even if it is only composed of few polygons.
And what slows things down the most, for my experience it is the number of polygons more than the size of the textures
[Nov 10, 2023, 3:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

In fact, the size of the element is not always indicated, as can be seen on this country chair I created entirely in SH3D. I thought it would be lighter than it actually is (2.9MB). (Well, under Sketchup, it was 5.1MB, which isn't much better!)

https://www.mediafire.com/view/82xak6ivewv2hko/Chaise_campagnarde.jpg/file
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 13, 2023, 11:22:19 AM]
[Nov 13, 2023, 10:58:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The size of groups is not indicated on purpose. For the other ones shown in your screenshot, reopen your SH3D file and their size will appear.

And about the general idea of adding a column showing polygons count, don't expect it in a close future. There are already a lot of columns available in the furniture list!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 13, 2023, 11:26:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

I've unlinked all my groups, quit and relaunched SH3D, but the size of all the elements built with the "Generate basic shape" generators in the "Tools" menu is not displayed. In itself, this isn't a very serious problem... when exporting the furniture, the total size is displayed.
[Nov 13, 2023, 5:45:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

...but the size of all the elements built with the "Generate basic shape" generators in the "Tools" menu is not displayed.
If you export and import the shape you get the size.
[Nov 13, 2023, 6:32:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved