Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2942 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A learning experience: My new Kitchen

Very nice!
[Nov 28, 2023, 2:19:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
applause Re: A learning experience: My new Kitchen

already very good! But there is always something to do a little better. I see several important constructive points. Your kitchen now simply has to be comfortable, because it is now so beautiful in the photo). The handles on the upper tier are at such a height that they can hardly be reached by an ordinary person. I believe that you are an exceptional person, but.. As a rule, for convenience, the doors of the upper tier are made with a PUSH-ON mechanism, without handles. But if you decide to do with the handles, then lower them closer to yourself, lower to the edge. Everyone will thank you)). Make a single standard of indentation from the edges so that the handles look thoughtful, not randomly placed (4-5cm). Handles with horns on the edges are the most dangerous for people)) You cling to them all the time with pockets and tear expensive pants. The highest-paid designers never put such handles, they change them to streamlined, without horns. Customers then give them new orders for this, believe me)))). And also, if very seriously)) Try to make a beautiful picture of your kitchen at the third level of quality. In fact, the third level is much more interesting than the fourth. At the third level, reflections in the lacquer coating of facades are more interesting, nuanced reflections are visible there. And at the fourth super-quality level, everything just sparkles and Oh, HORROR, reflections disappear! Try to give the facades an average level of gloss in total with the third level of rendering quality. (if Google gave out abracadabra, it's not my fault)). My advice is to try to achieve a high-quality picture at the previous quality level in order to understand where to move, how to develop yourself.
[Nov 28, 2023, 5:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

OK, I'm going to offer a couple of critical points. Your kitchen cabinet alignments and lines are a little bit all over, giving a noisy, confused impression. However, the most problematic issue I see is the wall hung cabinets over the worktop with the hob. These would never be full depth, as they make using the hob extremely awkward. This image shows what I'm talking about. (That's not SH3D BTW, so don't ask how I got that sort of render biggrin )

Here I've roughed out lines and stepped back those wall cabinets in outline to give you a suggestion. Even there, there are still some awkward lines that I can't tidy up without making major changes to the kitchen.
[Nov 28, 2023, 8:22:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

However, the most problematic issue I see is the wall hung cabinets over the worktop with the hob. These would never be full depth, as they make using the hob extremely awkward.
That's not always true. Hoods often come close to the front although still a bit back from the front of the lower cabinets.

There are three important reasons why upper cabinets have a depth of about 2/3 of the lower cabinets:
1. You can stand before them without your head touching the upper cabinets.
2. It's easier to avoid hitting open upper doors.
3. You can't reach the back of full depth upper cabinets.

Full depth upper cabinets are simply unsafe and uncomfortable to work.
[Nov 28, 2023, 9:13:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

Some good points, I'll have a think about the cabinet alignment. I agree the upper cabinets wouldn't be full depth but I like having them all align into a single vertical plane, the upper cabs just don't fill all the way to the wall. Take the point about handles but they are only there to add interest to the render tbh

johntc
[Nov 28, 2023, 9:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

I couldn't access your Google drive file btw sjb007 but thanks

johntc
[Nov 28, 2023, 10:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Believe me, I didn't mean to offend you. It's just a fact - as soon as you offer a spectacular multi-day visualization, immediately prepare for the worst. The viewer perceives it as a photograph. And immediately begins to notice the untruth in it. The worse the visualization, the less demands from the viewer. But don't you have a good visualization? So you need to show increased attention to your work together with the viewer. And there are no small things. Even pens become very important. And sjb007 told you right. The most important thing at the hob is to look into the pan and look there. And to do this, you need to bend over and not bump against the edge of the hood or cabinet. So we need to fix it! Make the height of this cabinet a little higher than your height and that's it! You can cook any soup! Now the height of the cabinet above the pan is 155 cm, and you need 175-178 cm (sorry, I don't know your height). If you make a kitchen for yourself, you need to start "living" in a virtual kitchen and cook real fragrant soup constantly. I have drawn your attention so far only to the handles, but the viewer will notice everything else!! For example, a door that opens into another room. She can't open like that with such a loop. It's not true on your visualization, it's visible, it's very annoying, it's infuriating!!))) Study the pendulum-type loops. And if you use a ready-made model where there is untruth - be indignant with the viewer, refuse to use this hack. Make your correct version of the door. And the viewer will say wow!

[Nov 29, 2023, 8:35:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

and another tip. Take photos the way professional interior photographers do. The camera always stands strictly vertically. In the viewer's settings, this is a head tilt of 0 degrees. This angle is more organized and looks more solid.
[Nov 29, 2023, 8:58:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

You're right about the door its the wrong way around, I only noticed that later, I'm remodelling the upper cabs and I'll post a new version later

johntc
[Nov 29, 2023, 9:45:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You're right about the door its the wrong way around, I only noticed that later, I'm remodelling the upper cabs and I'll post a new version later
About doors. Something to consider for anyone designing homes from scratch:
Just from observations I have determined there seem to be some unwritten rules about the opening direction of doors. Bathrooms: always out, bedrooms: always in, living rooms: always in, exterior doors: always in. No fast and hard rules but overall that's how most doors in a house seem to open.
For small bathrooms it's easy: there's often no room for a door to go inside the room. I don't know if this is true but the 'standard' of bathroom doors opening out might relate to condensation that's easier to keep inside the bathroom with the way the door frame is constructed.

When in doubt or there's no 'rule' to apply, imagine a fire escape route. Doors should open so they go along with the way out. That gives the least chance on doors being blocked and the easiest way to get past them in an emergency. The exception is the exterior door: it needs to open to the inside so access for emergency services is easier.

Is anyone familiar with building regulations concerning the way doors open? Are there real rules for the way they open?
[Nov 29, 2023, 10:09:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved