Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 472 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Lutze82

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Import a house model from ArchiCAD

Hi there!
I've been using Sweethome3D for some smaller projects, like rearranging the furniture to a single room in the past.

Now I've bought an old House (until now I've been renting a small flat). For renovating and redeveloping this house to our needs I've been working together with an architect.
This guy has at the first place generated a 3D-model of our house in archiCAD. Now I am thinking about putting furniture and stuff like that to the house and wanted to use Sweethome3d for it.

So I thought I could just import the 3D-Model from the architect to SH3D. But I couldn't find out how to import a complete house model to SH3D. Not in the software but even not in the help / this forum I could find something to import a complete house model from a different format sad confused
Is there any possibility to import a complete house model from an other software?

I've got 3D-model-exports in the file-formats: 3DS, 3DM, OBJ and DAE
ArchiCAD cannot export to SH3D-Format.

Is there someone out there who can help me?

I am new to this forum, so if I posted this to the wrong thread, sorry!
[Feb 1, 2024, 3:11:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Import a house model from ArchiCAD

Sorry, Sweet Home 3D isn't able to import homes designed with another software.
It can only import blueprint images upon which you can redraw walls in a few minutes.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 1, 2024, 11:05:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lutze82

uhh what a pitty!

Are there anywhere (online-)converters to convert 3D models to SH3D-format?
[Feb 2, 2024, 10:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I don't think a converter to the .sh3d format exists and I doubt it's even possible to create such a converter. Sweet Home 3D is essentially different from CAD software. Think of it as CAD software for the architect, engineers, and builders and Sweet Home 3D for the interior designer. Two completely different fields.
Use a blue print as Emmanuel advised to draw the walls. That's not to difficult and for the interior design you don't need the technical details a CAD design offers. Then add the furniture which isn't available on the blue prints anyway.

You can import the 3DS or DAE exports you have but they represent the full house (or a floor) as a single object. It's very unlikely that you can use that for designing the interior in Sweet Home 3D. Draw the walls using the blue print as a background image and go from there.
[Feb 2, 2024, 1:34:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved