Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 184 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
archibaldtuttle

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
can't get doors to insert in walls so they move with the wall

when i chose an open door from the menu on the left hand side of the drawing, I can slide the door onto the drawing and drop it over a wall and the 3D image appears to understand that the door is in the wall, but the 2D drawing doesn't seem to know that so if I move the wall over, the door doesn't go with it. am I missing an insert of join command the performs that function?

thanks,

brian
[Feb 17, 2024, 10:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: can't get doors to insert in walls so they move with the wall

A door or a window is not bound to the wall where you placed it. If you want to move both of them, select both of them first (possibly using the shift key for multiple selection).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 18, 2024, 12:14:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
archibaldtuttle

United States
Re: can't get doors to insert in walls so they move with the wall

got it. although that seems a little weird if the wall knows there is a door in it in 3D view (which I infer by being able to see through open doors in that view). definitely can multiple select, that is what i've been doing.
[Feb 18, 2024, 2:03:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved