Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 604 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: problem to 3d view

...True but in the specific case placing the sliding "door/window" (even yours) at 180° on a 93° wall gives rise to the transparency error.
However, the fact remains that the "door/window" has blocked dimensions and therefore if placed (for example only yours but equally mine) on a wall of different depth this involves either the FRAME coming out or the cavity in the insertion wall . To obtain compliance, it is necessary to export the object to the library and re-import it, modifying only its width.
Yes, the disadvantage is that you create a door/window specifically for a set wall thickness. I solve that by creating copies for different wall thicknesses when I create a door or window. Usually that's easy because it's only the outerframe I have to resize for a specifc wall thickness while the innerframe and door/window remain the same. The real good advantage is that the door or window doesn't deform into an object with huge handles when you use it on the wall thickness it is created for.

If you mean by "transparency error" that moving a door in the 3Dview is wrong when positioned at an angle you are correct. That's not because you are doing something wrong but it's a bug in the Pan3dview plugin. Deformation in the 3Dview is still an experimental feature. I already reported that problem but it's not an easy one to solve.
[Mar 11, 2024, 12:46:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Exactly... I read constantly and with interest, about the problems, not easy to recalculate and solve, of pan3dview, in your discussion regarding the deformations
[Mar 11, 2024, 1:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

I am not an expert, as I have already made clear to you, but I believe that ultimately the problem is a geometric one of orthogonal projection calculation. You have an area of transparency of the object that must translate from RIGHT PARELLELEPIPED (which has 2 rectangles as bases and whose orthogonal projection of a base coincides with the base itself) to OBLIQUE PARRELELEPIPED.
An oblique prism in which the bases are always rectangles but with vertices of the lateral surfaces NEVER PARALLEL to the height in practice whose faces are parellelograms but never all rectangular in shape.
In other words it has as its bases TWO parellelograms that do not coincide in space...nice discussion of the problem...ahhh without any solution of mine
[Mar 11, 2024, 2:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Lastly, I swear Keet
In theory, very theoretically perhaps even too much, if my reasoning were correct, one could, as a good sailor that I am, use the calculation adopted to determine the true course of a boat in the presence of drift currents (currents that move it laterally of a certain number of degrees of angulation (positive or negative) with respect to the hypothesized route (a straight line between 2 points) and in which the influence of terrestrial magnetism on the route can also be inserted, to redesign the OBLIQUE PRISM
To translate...with the object stopped (starting point of the nautical route) a point of its orthogal projection would be a point of the hypothesized route while the one recalculated with the deviation from the drift current would be a point of the true route...a point of the new angular projection .
But how many IFs in my speech and certainly not an architectural calculation speech
[Mar 11, 2024, 3:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved