Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Rickster55

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How do I get rid of Sweet Home 3D graphic on my desktop?

Ever since I installed it, there is a large graphic overtop the middle of my desktop. I can't find a way to get it off.
[May 14, 2024, 5:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How do I get rid of Sweet Home 3D graphic on my desktop?

Could you explain what you mean by a "large graphic overtop"?
Maybe with an image showing the problem.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 14, 2024, 6:37:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Do you mean the SweetHome3D splash screen? Is it possible that the installer tries to start the application, and for some reason the process has hung with the splash screen still displayed?

If so, you will need to hunt down the associated java process in your system monitor (depends on your OS type) and kill that process.
[May 14, 2024, 7:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickster55

Canada

Yes, it is the Sweet Home 3D splash screen frozen on my desktop.
I'm running Windows 11 Home.

I've tried to add an image but thread doesn't allow me paste an image into it. I have a .jpg file but don't know how to put it in the message.
[May 14, 2024, 7:26:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

No need to bother how to paste the splash screen here. It won’t give any additional information. Do you use the latest version of Sweet Home 3D? Did you install some plug-ins?
[May 14, 2024, 7:51:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickster55

Canada

Installed Sweet Home 3D Ver 7.3 and running Java 1.8.0_202
I don't think I've installed any plug-ins
[May 14, 2024, 8:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickster55

Canada

What about uninstall and then re-install?
[May 14, 2024, 8:07:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can reinstall the program if you want. If it still fails, please report program logs following these instructions.
[May 15, 2024, 10:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rickster55

Canada

It`s gone now. Don`t know why, but it`s all good. Thanks for taking the time to listen and help.
[May 16, 2024, 11:31:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved