Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 403 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
UKMark

U.K.
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Have different tiling heights on a single wall

Hi
I am designing my Bathroom. I have added a texture to a wall with a User Image for the tiles I am going to use. All god.
I have used a baseboard on most walls as the tile is only halfway up the wall.
But
On 1 wall, the tiling is full height (floor to ceiling) as there is a shower there. But only for half the width of the wall. The other half of the wall as tiling only half way up.

How can I do this 'split level tiling texture pls?

Many thanks
Mark
[Jul 5, 2024, 7:38:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Have different tiling heights on a single wall

Hi,
You should modify the wall where you want a different tiling to change the height of the baseboard on the correct wall side, or since you want the tiling from the bottom to the top, change the texture of the wall side and remove its baseboard.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 6, 2024, 10:01:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

I guess that it should be pointed out that to achieve this, you have to split the wall in 2 consecutive walls. It doesn't mind that both walls form a straight line, but the program needs to know that they are 2 distinct objects to allow to apply different properties to each one.
[Jul 6, 2024, 10:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Since you didn't know about splitting a wall I assume that you are a not very familiar with Sweet Home 3D yet.
What Emmanuel and Daniels118 explained is this:

Select the wall you want to have part with baseboard and part without. Right click for the context menu and select "Split wall".
You can now see a line in the center of the wall and one part is selected. That line is the end of one side and the beginning of the other side but the parts are still connected. You can drag the line to make one side smaller and at the same time the other part will enlarge so the total wall remains the same lenght. You can add a baseboard to one and keep the other one for full height texturing.
----------------------------------------
Dodecagon.nl
750+ 3D models, manuals, and projects
[Jul 6, 2024, 10:46:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UKMark

U.K.

Thank you all! So easy when you know how.

Yes I am a SH3D newbie but loving the program. Congrats to everyone involved, amazing piece of work.
[Jul 6, 2024, 11:49:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads  
© Copyright 2024 Space Mushrooms - All rights reserved