Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 227
Posts: 227   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1255111 times and has 226 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Hi,

The version 2.0 of Furniture Library Editor is on its way, and I would like you to test a Beta version before releasing it.
Its preferences pane was updated to let you add your own typed properties, and set whether each property should be modifiable and displayed in the furniture list of the editor. The list of furniture properties contain also the ones known in Sweet Home 3D like light properties and door/window properties, to let you choose whether you want to modify them or not in the modification dialog box of each piece of furniture.

Modifiable properties then appear in the furniture modification dialog box to let you set their values. Some known properties like price or resizable will appear as additional fields or check boxes, and other properties will appear in the new Additional properties table:

The properties with an Image type, like icon and planIcon in the previous screenshot, will be displayed as a button in their Value column to let you choose the image file of your choice.
When the icon property is make modifiable in the preferences panel, you'll be able to choose an image with this button instead of a screenshot of the 3D preview.

The Editor will check whether values entered in the table for Sweet Home 3D known properties are valid, for example if the value of door sashes properties doorOrWindowSashXAxis, doorOrWindowSashYAxis, doorOrWindowSashWidth, doorOrWindowSashStartAngle and doorOrWindowSashEndAngle each contain 2 numbers if you want to define 2 sashes.
Finally, the value of the following properties must contains lengths expressed in the current unit that the Editor will convert in centimeter in the SH3F file:
doorOrWindowWallThickness
doorOrWindowWallDistance
doorOrWindowSashXAxis
doorOrWindowSashYAxis
doorOrWindowSashWidth
lightSourceX
lightSourceY
lightSourceZ
lightSourceDiameter
dropOnTopElevation
shelfElevations
shelfBoxes

Hope you'll like it smile

[Note: Final version of Furniture Library Editor 2.0 was released on 09/22/2023]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 22, 2023, 5:47:10 PM]
[Aug 9, 2023, 2:10:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Great! A first test shows everything working fine.
This will make fine-tuning specific values so much easier. Little changes to sashes or a cutout shape to get them correct can now be made much easier and faster.

Again I can scratch multiple items I have on my wishlist even without having asked for them on the forum laughing
[Aug 9, 2023, 3:42:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

I tested the light properties.
The link between those that are optional and those that are mandatory is coherent.
This new option can be a great help for those who are not comfortable with editing the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file.

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to be able to add a unmodifiable property because my lights use the description property so that they are recognized by the photo plug-in.
EnkoNyito
[Aug 12, 2023, 2:59:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to be able to add a unmodifiable property because my lights use the description property so that they are recognized by the photo plug-in.
Starting with 7.2 you can!

From the announcement topic of 7.2 beta :
It's possible to define additional furniture properties to handle customized user data associated to the objects added to your home.
As the value of additional properties set in a furniture library will be copied to a new home object when it's added to the plan from version 7.2, you may give the initial value of these properties in a SH3F file.
You can create a custom property and you can set this property to unmodifyable. The description property can return to it's original purpose. A custom property can't be defined with a UI yet but it can be set from a plug-in. Check it out. It will solve your problem in a much better way than using the description field.
[Aug 12, 2023, 7:46:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Having used the Furniture Library Editor again for the first time in several years, I miss something.

It would be nice if the Modify Furniture - Materials dialogue was available in the editor. It would be much easier than use Export - Import every time you want to change a model and it would keep modified models together in a library.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 12, 2023, 12:24:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Good point Hans.

I have learned to set the material properties before the last export because of this. I try to only set colors because they leave both the object and thus the library a little smaller than with textures. Only when I use a custom texture or when a specific texture is required I export with that texture so it's included with the object.

It certainly would be easier if we could set the materials in the furniture library too, it's an appropriate place to do so.
[Aug 12, 2023, 1:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Thank you very much, significant feature improvements!
[Aug 14, 2023, 10:28:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile

Here's today the version 2.0 Beta 6 of the Furniture Library Editor which proposes the following changes:
- User defined properties appear in Italic in the Furniture properties and Additional properties lists shown in preferences pane and furniture modification dialog box.
- If present, the trailing digit of an imported model file isn't removed anymore (the reason why I introduced this was to avoid showing these numbers when a user imports models from the free 3D models page where similar models like Office chair has the same file base name).
- I also added an option in the preference pane to use imported model file name as default furniture name, and not an interpreted more human readable one.
- The furniture name of an imported zip file containing a entry named model.dae (often found in 3D models available at Trimble 3D Warehouse) is now based on the zip file name itself, instead of the useless "model" name.
- I added support for JSON format export when the saved library name ends with ".json".
This will create the furniture library .json file, the sibling language .json files if any, and will export all the images and models referenced by the library. So, prefer to export a library in an empty folder (or one prepared for this purpose), or you may be flooded by files you may not have expected.
Once these .json files and their resources are ready, just move them on the server where you host Sweet Homed 3D JS and update the configuration parameters furnitureCatalogURLs and furnitureResourcesURLBase of the application, and you'll get your library instead of the default one.
You may cite more than a library in furnitureCatalogURLs parameter, but they'll share the same URL base, so you may have to adapt the icon#, planIcon# and model# properties found in the exported library .json file to make the URL base work.

A similar JSON export feature will be proposed in the version 2.0 of the Textures Library Editor (then update texturesCatalogURLs and texturesResourcesURLBase application parameters).

[Note: Final versions of Furniture Library Editor 2.0 and Textures Library Editor 2.0 were released on 09/22/2023]
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 22, 2023, 5:50:12 PM]
[Aug 15, 2023, 3:35:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And Hans, I fear that adding the ability to manage materials of imported models in the Furniture Library Editor won't be in the coming version.
It's not a feature simple to program (in particular managing the material using textures).
[Aug 15, 2023, 3:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

It would be nice if the Furniture Library Editor's Additional properties could be switched on and off in Sweet Home 3D's object list.
[Aug 15, 2023, 3:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 227   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved