Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11007 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
18turbo

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Second Floor and more

My English is not very good, but I hope you understand me.

I want to propose interesting something from the standpoint of development.

I love Sweet Home 3D but it has an inconvenience: make the second floor, but I think that it is very easy to change this.

Developers should have to allow elevation walls could take, just like furniture. This is sufficient to make as floors as I want.

A wall of 500x500 cm. with a height of 30 cm. and with an elevation of 250cm. would make the second floor. You could create new walls at some point to the second floor.

I think that only thing you must change is height wall parameter.

I understand that programming is not easy, but you could be considered the change this parameter for future releases.

It is possible that this already taken into consideration. But just try to help as much as I can.

Best regards

--------------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----------------

Mi inglés no es muy bueno, pero espero que se entienda.

Me imagino que el tema es interesante desde el punto de vista del desarrollo.

Aunque me encanta Sweet Home 3D, la carencia principal de SH3D es el manejo de 2 plantas, pero es muy fácil que esto cambie.

Los desarrolladores sólo tendrían que permitir que las paredes pudieran tomar elevación, como con los furnitures. Con esto es suficiente para que se pueda realizar cuantas plantas se desee.

De este modo una pared de 500x500cm. con una altura de 30cm. y con una elevación de 250cm. haría el segundo piso. Además se podría crear nuevas paredes a cierta altura para el segundo piso.

Lo único que se debe cambiar es este parámetro de altura a las paredes.

Entiendo que la programación no es fácil, pero podría estudiarse el cambiar este parámetro para las paredes para futuras versiones.

Es posible que todo esto ya lo hayan tenido en consideración. Pero sólo intento ayudar tanto como me sea posible.

Saludos
[Oct 21, 2010, 8:16:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
18turbo

Re: Second Floor and more

I hope you understand what I mean.

I mean, no need to create a structure called "floor". Simply change this parameter to a wall made of floor.
[Oct 21, 2010, 8:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Rafael,

Your English is understood, as is your Spanish smile
However, this forum is English-only, so please don't post translations here. The "other languages" section is monitored as well, and questions in Spanish get an answer too.

Many, many people have asked for a way to construct second floors. Although not officially announced, it is very probable that in a not too distant future such a feature will be implemented.

Que tengas buena noche!

Hans (para ti: Juan)
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 21, 2010, 10:01:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Don't worry for your English, your explanations are clear. wink
But I don't think elevating walls is a good solution, or said an other way, I'm sure there's a much better solution.
If you really want to elevate walls, you can already do it: use boxes as walls and it will do the same. I'll be glad to read whether this solution satisfied you or disappointed you once you will have tried with a real world example (meaning with furniture placed in rooms at upper level).
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 21, 2010, 10:09:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
18turbo

Thank you both,

hansmex, ok, I'm sorry, I don't post translation (I did not know)

puybaret, I knew this solution for a second plant (so I do now), but thanks.

Both,
Anyway, it was just an idea, and I imagine there are much better solutions (of course).

I look forward to this new version with a second plant implementers. love struck

Best regards.
[Oct 22, 2010, 2:07:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sv.Kostadinov

Bulgaria

Hi,

Most probably I will start working soon on a multi-floor implementation for our software based on SweetHome3D. I suppose we will support floor with planar base and a fixed height. Up to now I've implemented multi-connected walls, realtime roof generator, geometry features on the walls (holes, carvings etc). Also some very big enhancements of the GUI - Substance theme, Flamingo ribbon and docking. If someone is interested in these things, please contact me at svr<at>start.bg.

Regards!
[Nov 10, 2010, 12:10:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I would be pleased to test and read the modifications you made. Where can it be tested?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 10, 2010, 9:09:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sv.Kostadinov

Bulgaria

Soon, around week, I will send you a link. Now I'm implementing major changes related to Flamingo L&F and other UI stuff.
[Nov 11, 2010, 8:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T_R

currently ;China

Whats happen to this implementations?
Laptop : EEEPC 1201N
250GB, 2 GB Ram, Broken Display, SH3D 6.2
Behind Chines "Firewall"- NO Google Servive working at all.
Never give Up!
[Apr 19, 2023, 1:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved