Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 112
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 101196 times and has 111 replies Next Thread
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Pan tool in 3D and 2D view?

@sjb007
I'm currently working on another plugin to draw 3D wirings (electric cables, tubes, etc.). To allow placement of wires on the floor as well on the walls, drawing will occurr directly on the 3D view. This may require some adjustment to the pan plugin, so there is a chance I will build a new version before giving it such exposure.

@SeppoV12 Thank you!
[Dec 18, 2021, 4:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

@Daniels118 Hi, me again. I think I found a nasty side effect of the Pan3DView plugin. When I do a "Virtual visit" and walk around after a while the Left-click-drag action to change the direction the visitor is looking will break. It is not immediate, but after a while the visitor viewpoint starts to spin in a wild and uncontrollable fashion with the left-click-drag. I can reproduce even with an empty world space. If I remove the Pan3dView plugin I cannot cause this behaviour to occur.
[Jan 13, 2022, 3:24:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi sjb007,
I've tried to reproduce the issue but without success (again). For how long you have to walk around before the problem occurrs? Can you grab the console output as done before?
[Jan 13, 2022, 4:50:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

There's something really odd going on. If I try to redirect the console I get a hard lock of the application instead of the madly spinning POV. I also have an empty log file. I tried redirecting just the error console, and both standard out and error. Didn't matter. Same hard lock and empty log. Only way to quit out is to End Task in Task Manager.
I've repeated several times and it is totally consistent for me. With redirects I get hard locks. Without redirect I get spinning POV.
My laptop has selective Intel/nVidia for applications. I get the same behaviour running on both, so it isn't some gfx driver issue I think.
I can trigger both issues in ~10-15s, maybe even less. I just hold left mouse button and move the mouse in a continuous small circle. The issues are triggered in more usual usage too, but this is the "quick" method.
[Jan 17, 2022, 1:53:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

I had no luck trying to reproduce the problem :(
First, check if you are using the latest version of the plugin (1.7).
If you can, please upload a video of the steps to do to reproduce.
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:32:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

1.7 version of the plugin, and the latest SH3D of 6.6a. Java 1.8.0_202 - 32bit. Java 3D 1.5.2 - NATIVE_OGL.

I also just tested (it just occurred to me) to remove all other plugins. I can still trigger it.

Video: https://youtu.be/y1E6tPabecQ

Note I used the right-click menu to switch to the virtual visit when you see the blue sky appear, but OBS didn't capture the menu.
[Jan 18, 2022, 1:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Funny video title smile
I really don't understand what is going on thinking You could try to install this plugin that automatically redirects the console output to a file. Do not remove the underscore from the filename, as this will ensure the plugin is loaded before the others (they are loaded in alphabetical order).
The output will be stored within the application folder (the one that contains the plugins folder). Hope this will produce an helpful log.
[Jan 18, 2022, 7:37:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mbm6_EiulL8G...RDS61QX0/view?usp=sharing

Well, that looks like a fine pickle.
[Jan 19, 2022, 1:53:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Huh. I looked at the code, and deactivating the SH3D preference of "Aerial view centered on selection" stops the issue occurring. Turning it back on, I can quickly cause the issue again. I'm a bit puzzled why aerial view code is being called when I'm in virtual visitor mode. It is a band aid though. Turning the setting off simply skips the threading code in View3DEnhancerImpl.java:363-370 that causes the issue. Maybe too many threads are being launched and are not cleaned up?
[Jan 19, 2022, 2:09:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Yippee! This explains everything. It's likely you have a very fast PC, probabily with an UHD screen or the cursor speed set very high. This cause mouseDragged events at high frequency, leading to 2 problems with the code you seen in View3DEnhancerImpl.java:363-370:
- concurrency with the delayed code execution (the first IllegalAccessException);
- generation of too many concurrent threads (OutOfMemoryError).

You're right about the fact this branch of code is useless when the camera is in visitor mode, however this problem could potentially occurr even in aerial view mode.
So, beside excluding the code execution in visitor mode, I'll try to implement that function in a different way which won't involve starting new threads.

Please let me thank you for your valuable help in disclosing bugs and help me solve them praying
[Jan 19, 2022, 1:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved