Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11620 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: SH3D Memory Usage

No, I haven't done anything with an ini file. I'm running default SH3D, with a bunch of furniture, textures, and plugins added on.

I have a utility called Speccy that gives information about my system. Here's some shots of it. First with just my A/V app, Display Fusion (multi-monitor program), and my email app (Outlook Express) open.

Here's my memory usage with SH3D running with 3DView displayed in a separate window, on a different monitor - full screen, with Firefox running in the background, all of the above running, and creating a photo with best quality.

That was taking this photo. The furniture isn't exact but I found some pretty close resembelences of what we have. smile

Of course this isn't a very big design. It's my first one and it's where my wife and I live.

I guess my system is handling SH3D pretty good, considering the antiquity of it. laughing
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Oct 8, 2015, 1:39:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Given the above data, would it be possible, or wise, for me to adjust the max memory usage to 1.5 GB?
As I mentioned, I'm not having any problems. I'm just curious.
Hawk
[Oct 11, 2015, 2:33:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Update on this issue.

After uninstalling SH3D, which was upgraded twice and had remnants of old Java version still in place, and reinstalling 5.1, the About window now shows 0.6 GB max.
I'm going to try and adjust that to 1 GB and see what happens.
Hawk
[Oct 12, 2015, 12:14:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I created the ini file and now the About window shows 1 GB max.

Creating a photo is a little faster now and SH3D in general seems to run a bit smoother.
For whatever it's worth, here's a couple screenshots of the data before and after creating the ini file. Both screenshots taken with SH3D running and while creating a photo at 807 x 612 at best quality.

With 0.6 GB max.

After creating the ini file.

The only difference is in available physical and available virtual.
I'm going to run it like this for a while and see how it goes.

Note: I don't recommend this for others running XP 32-bit.
Hawk
[Oct 12, 2015, 1:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Oh yea! Here's the shot I was taking.

Honestly, I'm not trying to bump my post count. I just don't see a way to edit posts. biggrin
Hawk
[Oct 12, 2015, 1:05:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wiebenor

United States

I haven't tried anything with this mod or whatever you want to call it, but I just wanted to say that my "about" page shows about 6.5Gb of available memory for use. Of course, it doesn't actually tell me it's for the memory, it's just the only thing that looks like a memory amount, but still.

I have a question about that though, which is this... Is a java VM limited to the 2Gb you guys mentioned, or, if you were loading it from a 64 bit windows preinstall image(thereby insuring only 64bit), or else natively, on 64bit computers with 8Gb or more of memory, would you be able to increase the amount above the 2Gb mark???

Also, for those who don't know, a 32 bit windows system CAN see and use more than 4Gb of memory, but it requires a file or 2 to be modified, and probably other things, which I wouldn't recommend anyone buy an expert to do (just thought it was interesting)...
[Dec 26, 2021, 4:18:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wiebenor

United States

Oh, and for anyone who might wonder, my system has 16Gb of memory installed, plus it's a 3900x processor, with all m.2 and SSD storage... I don't know if anyone wants to know that, or if it helps to know that, but there you go...
[Dec 26, 2021, 4:21:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved