Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 61773 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Thoughts about roof-plugin

Dorin,

1 - I draw a house of 5x10 mtr, with a dividing wall in the middle, and add two rooms
2 - When I apply the roof function, it draws TWO roofs, not one.

Would it not be better <?> to base your plugin on the walls, instead of the rooms?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 24, 2021, 9:21:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Hans, as usual You're right.
In my mind was to generate a roof projection (room also) from exterior walls and then compute roof from it.
That was the purpose for add this function in Auto dimension plugin v.1.5.
Maybe someone in the future will write a more clever plugin.
At this moment I try to cut a path to a roof and then turn it into a highway.
Thanks for testing and suggestions!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 24, 2021, 11:20:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I've made an other egg!!!
Finally I've see a small candle in The dark forest .
I wheel see if is good or bad.
Here are first roof home furniture generated:

I don't know what I've done but I mixed few stoles codes and I end up to a file with around 4000 lines of something.
Anyway it's a little hard for a "One man show"
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 29, 2021, 7:16:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Looks like a roof!! WOW
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 29, 2021, 7:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wiebenor

United States

It'll be nice to see a roof generator added directly into the application sometime, or at least, a better one, if one already exists, if that's how you all want to release it when it's finally working without many bugs, because that is really the only thing missing on my plans, is a roof... However, one thing I've noticed with SH3D is that if you don't finish your room/building correctly, and there's a tiny gap between the start and end points of the auto framing thing, it doesn't treat the created object as a room for putting textures in, or something like that, because it doesn't, or at least doesn't want to consider it a closed space, if I'm not mistaken, and I'm wondering if your roof plugin will account for that(if that's even a problem that would affect that)
[Dec 18, 2021, 11:16:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved