Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5979 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
youseeus

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Thoughts about roof-plugin

I would suggest that you request to draw this line in a clone of the current home that will display only walls. You could display this clone in your dialog box with your own plan component / controller, using subclasses of PlanComponent and PlanController classes (VideoPanel class uses for example a subclass of PlanComponent).

Thanks for the suggestion :) I think this approach could be used in a future version. One of my main goals is, to store the roof-model (the gabels and the properties, so you can recalculate the roof after adding some jutty) so it would 'survive' to be opened and saved again by a blank SH3D (no plugins). i didn't get familiar with the saving process so i'll follow the first approach for my MVP.
I currently created custom components for my roof, and i do have a dormer that "cuts" half of the roof to create space for a big door window.
This dormer has a gabel. So just add the gabel.
To join Roofs is one of my main goals... so 'checked' biggrin
I would also point out that usually (at least here where i live) roofs extends over the walls and covers also the outside!
i called this feature overhang. It will be part of the MVP
[Jun 20, 2018 5:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
youseeus

If someone want to get involved... i created a private repro at bitbucket, but i can add everyone who is interested. If the first version is finished i'll open that repro.
[Jun 20, 2018 5:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
youseeus

i confused gable with ridge in all of my posts d oh
[Jun 21, 2018 8:45:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clentl

This is great idea . I used to design pools using pool studio and it had great auto roof maker. I'm really confused by this program doesn't have it. I think even the sims 1 had an auto roof...I hope you get this finished!
[Mar 6, 2019 2:14:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2019 eTeks - All rights reserved